General Fiction posted February 2, 2017 Chapters:  ...4 5 -6- 7... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Paul learns the basics of the heist.

A chapter in the book The Amazing Heist

A Shocking Discovery

by aryr



Background
The team members included Abby (Annabelle), Henry, Sally, Paul, Billy and Freddie. Abby has suggested one last job and then retirement for a life from crime
Chapter Six.

"Okay Paul, for now you will be the only one who knows the basics of the job. We are going to shock the truck. I guess the better word would be electrocute the damn thing, which will ultimately stun the driver and shotgun rider. Your job will be our protection."

"We are going to electrocute the truck? That is the dumbest, most ingenious idea I have ever heard. I can't decide if you are insane or insanely creative Abby."

Abby sat back and smiled. She was letting Paul absorb the concept. Patiently waiting to see if he came up with the protection thoughts that she had.

"How in the hell did you come up with this? Shit, it is pure genius. I knew from the day I saw you and Sally that you had brains. Even I could not have thought up something like this."

"I was watching a movie about a month ago. It was about bank robbers who got foiled because the money was transferred to the armor truck just minutes before the robbers' arrival at the bank. They couldn't break into the truck. It got me thinking that there had to be a way to break into that truck or any truck."

"I saw that earlier this year. How come it didn't inspire any thoughts in me?" Paul chuckled.

"You just don't have an inquisitive mind. I ruled out fire because it would take too long for it to burn enough to cancel out the computer so the doors would open. Water would be useless because it would flood it but do nothing to the computer. Brute force would be a joke. So by sheer deduction it would have to be either having one of you on the inside, which would take forever or electricity."

"That means we have to have something to protect us from electricity. Hey, how are we going to have power to do this? It would need a pretty awesome generator, if we don't have a power source." Paul stammered. He did have a tendency to stutter and stammer when excited.

"That is one of the kinks I am working on, I have a couple of ideas but I want to see what Billy and Sally come up with first. Now, about protection, do you have any ideas?"

"Good God, girl. You have really picked a tough one with this. A definite challenge! I really have to activate the old thinking cap." He looked at Abby who was smiling. "Damn it you have that part figured out, don't you? Come on, spill the beans."

"No, this is way too much fun watching you struggle through it. If you haven't come up with something in a couple of days I will tell you my thoughts and you can decide if it will work or not."

Paul just sat staring at her, occasionally shaking his head.

"Time for you to go home. We don't need Belinda worrying over nothing. We will all be together again on Saturday. Goodness, Paul you are going to be a daddy. A great one at that."

Paul grabbed his coat and looked one more time at Abby. Smiling he opened the door and descended the stairs.



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.