General Fiction posted February 2, 2017 Chapters: 3 4 -5- 6... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Assignments were given and food was enjoyed.

A chapter in the book The Amazing Heist

The Assignments

by aryr



Background
The team members included Abby (Annabelle), Henry, Sally, Paul, Billy and Freddie. Abby has suggested one last job and then retirement for a life from crime.
Chapter Five

"Okay, so we are going to do this job. Let's get to work. The basic rule still stands, fifty to a hundred miles away and if that doesn't seem possible we will go five hundred. Billy, Sally, I want you two to check out some truck routes. Your deadline is two weeks. I need you to determine which one will be the most profitable. It may be one that does just banks, or just jewellery stores or a mixmash. Zero in on no more than 5 trucks."

"Henry I need you to check out the computer systems of armored trucks; there is probably one standard type, so learn everything you can about it."

"Freddie, you will find us a super charged get-away vehicle. Big enough for all of us and the money we lift. If we go for the five hundred, then several of us will fly so a smaller one will do. We can confirm in a few days."

"Paul, I have a special assignment for you, so I need you to stay a bit. I think that takes care of things for a couple of weeks. As time passes I will provide everyone with more details. Is everyone okay with that? I am still working out some kinks."

The group changed its attitude from business to fun in a blink of an eye. Each knew their assignment and would complete it to perfection. For now, they zeroed in on the pending dinner, which was really interpreted as party time. Belinda was making a pasta and meatball dish. Freddie announced that he and Lucy would bring a fruit casserole and a cheese and cracker plate. Sally and Billy decided on a veggie tray and salad. Abby offered homemade rolls and garlic bread, as well as the red wine. Henry provided the surprise when he said he would bring homemade chocolate swirl cheesecake and would help with the wine. Their party was arranged. Paul reassured Freddie that Matilda would be there without a question.

Of course, the two girls then had their own discussion about what to wear. It was simple for the men since their wardrobe consisted of jeans and shirts. The girls decided it would be best to get in touch with the two wives. The men just rolled their eyes and smiled.

It was almost one pm when the talking started to dwindle. Abby at that point announced that there was roast beef in the fridge for sandwiches and two whole loaves of fresh bread in the box, if anyone was interested in food. Five hands reached for the sky.

It actually became an assembly line. Henry cut and buttered the bread, Abby sliced the roast beef, Billy assembled the sandwich, Paul added lettuce and pickles as requested, Freddie decorated with whatever condiments that people wanted and Sally cut, plated and added chips. Lunch was ready.

Silence prevailed around the table as the food was devoured. By three pm people were drifting out except for Paul. His curiosity was peaked. He wondered what exactly Abby was up to.




Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.