General Fiction posted February 1, 2017 Chapters: 1 2 -3- 4... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A peek into the lives of the team.

A chapter in the book The Amazing Heist

The Team

by aryr



Background
The team members included Abby (Annabelle), Henry, Sally, Paul, Billy and Freddie. Abby has suggested one last job and then retirement for a life from crime.
Chapter Three

Henry had gone home after a brief stop at the local grocery store. He had married when he was twenty-four and his wife Nina had swiftly insisted that they dine at home except when business required them to dine out. She also insisted that he learn how to cook. She believed it was an excellent way to share time and their life. He had always enjoyed being in the kitchen but he blossomed under her skills and guidance.

Even after she had died, he maintained the practice of eating at home and preparing his meals. Today he needed some white wine for the chicken alfredo he was planning. His neighbor, Frank was going to join him, since his wife had gone out of town for family for a couple of days. Frank had no clue when it came to cooking and he would rather eat with Henry than go out.

While at the grocery store, Henry decided that the mushrooms were just too tempting not to get, so he added a couple of pounds to his cart. His palate had a decadent moment as he eyed the strawberries. His mind's eye saw them covered in chocolate for dessert. So, they too found a new home. When he reached the check out, he saw a display of small African Violet plants; they had been Nina's favorite. It became time for him to live once more and accept his memories.

Meanwhile Sally and Billy had ventured to a movie matinee. It was a goofy pet show that they both wanted to see. So, armed with a bucket of buttered popcorn and two large drinks they settled in for laughter and the squeals of delight from the children with their parents.

Freddie had decided to go shopping with his wife and daughter. The little one needed some new clothing and a couple of pair of shoes. One for everyday play wear and one for family outings. Although he was reasonably well off he chose not to be plush with his money. He had a savings account and two checking accounts. One of which he shared with his wife and although it had a comfortable balance, it was basically used to cover needs. He was thinking that they both deserved a treat. Perhaps they could do a movie after shopping and then dinner out.

Paul went home, knowing his wife was at work. It would be a great time to have a beer, watch some sports or even have a nap. It was their weekly pizza night, so he didn't have to think about what they would have for supper.

Abby sat in her apartment drinking a glass of red wine as she stared out the window at the corner of the building across the road and out over the water of the large lake on the north side of the city. The lake was part of the water way that flowed in from the ocean many miles away. Soft music provided a noise distraction in the background.

They would all think about the pending plan before day break. They would all then vote. The team would be a team once again.

Abby smiled as she recalled that even during their down times between assignments they all stayed in touch. They knew what each other were doing. They had their own grapevine.

They had successfully taken care of two small banks. But banks were boring and predictable so they ventured to five jewelry stores. A couple of them were over five hundred miles away. The last few jobs had been stores, there was less security involved and when hit at the right time, which was just before the truck pick up, it was indeed profitable. But it was time to stop, it was time for one last job. A big job that would go down in history.



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.