General Non-Fiction posted December 1, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A letter of apology contest

Dear Bea

by Jackarrie


Dear Bea,

You have been on my mind a lot lately. I felt it more this year when it was your birthday.
I remember the time when we both celebrated our birthdays together because there are only a few days between us. We promised we would always stay friends.

For over thirty years we lived next door to each other. I trusted you so much that I confided everything in you; I allowed you into my inner most thoughts, knowing you were a loyal friend and that you would never tell a soul. I also know you felt the same about me. We saw our children grow up and we shared the pain when we both had empty nest syndrome

When we moved house after Tom got early retirement, you were really upset. I missed you, I missed our chats our cups of tea. When sorrow knocked we were there for each other. No more crossing over the wall and into my kitchen.

I did get upset when we were not invited to Joseph's wedding, you were never left out of any celebrations we had in our lives. Joseph looked upon us as second parents and he was particularly close to Tom. I am so sorry I never kept in touch with you after that. The months turned into years and we just lost touch completely.

I feel at this stage of our lives we really should get together and catch up on what we have missed.


Yours sincerely
Mary










I'm Sorry contest entry


We were invited to the afters for drinks. The reason we did not get the full inbite according to Bea, Josephs girlfriends parents were doing the inviting and counting the amount of people. But I did not buy that because all of her badminton friends were invited.
The photo is of Bea and myself, with Joseph.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Jackarrie All rights reserved.
Jackarrie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.