Spiritual Poetry posted November 18, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
... a dirty job done well ...

His Sleeve

by TallySally


...know the job ...commit ...get to work
Sinking deep in guilt I drowned
Going down and down and down
God could not look at me then
Holy God - sin's gulf - dead men

Only Son looked straight at me
Then took heart, rolled up His sleeve
Was it true? Oh could it be?
Pure and Perfect died for me?

Had He healed and made me well?
Nailed fast shut the door to hell?
Grasped my hand and pulled me out
Solid ground and now no doubt!

Amazing grace! Shout out good news!
God loves me! I know it's true!
Pure and Perfect died for all!
Rose to hear each humble call!

Squeezed my hand and washed me clean.
Said, "It's done." Rolled down His sleeve.



Recognized


'Rolling up my sleeve' is a Southern expression meaning 'I have a dirty job to do but I'm ready to get dirty and get it done.'

Before time, the Son of God looked down through the ages.

He saw all humanity, not as a whole but individually. Each personality. Each flaw. Every quirk. Every charming quality. He saw every injury each would sustain and every injury each would commit. He saw the 'really good things' we'd do, the 'horrendous things' we'd do, and the times we wouldn't give a flip. He knew we would not be fit to stand in God's eternal, holy presence.

It would take a bath to best all baths to clean us. We'd require the purest, radiant clothes. Our minds would require renewing. Our hearts healing. Our tongues must be brushed and breath refreshed. A holy spa treatment none of us deserved. All in order for us to stand in 'The Presence'.

A tall order. A dirty job. A suicide mission? Death - yes. His. But He knew He'd live again and He wanted us to live again as well.

So He considered our worth and the price He'd pay to restore us. He didn't think about it long. He said, "Okay, Dad. It's the sixth day. We're losing daylight. Let's go for it." Then He rolled up His sleeve for the task at hand.

And the most important question any human being will ever answer is: "Will I go for it?"
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. TallySally All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
TallySally has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.