General Fiction posted October 5, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a modern day fable.

fine feathers

by judester


Sally believed she had everything. A good home, looks and money. She constantly admired herself in the mirror and had no time for others. Jewelery, makeup and clothes were her main concern.
She would spend hours alone, updating her profile and taking selfies.
She mingled with others, but remained aloof. She would merely tolerate their presence.

One day, she had a terrible accident and her physical beauty was gone. She now needed someone to console her, a friend to lean on, but there were none who genuinely cared for her.

And the moral of the story is, fine feathers do not make a fine bird.



Write a Modern Fable writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short fable-like story where the last sentence starts with: "And the moral of the story is". This can be on any subject, true or fictional, and can be in any voice, as long as the moral is stated in the last line. A new twist on an old fable is also allowed.


Thanks to eileen0204 for the perfect illustration.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by eileen0204 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.