General Non-Fiction posted September 21, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
That great first ride that is forever burned in my memory

My first Motorcycle Ride

by charlene7190

On the plains of Colorado just East of Denver is the small bedroom community of Erie. It was once a place for miners and farm workers but became known for it's small, private airports. We lived on one of those because my husband is a gearhead and he owned every sort of toy including an airplane. The one thing we had never experienced together was the freedom of riding the Rocky Mountains on a motorcycle.

One very hot summer day as I was cleaning the house I saw a big, black motorcycle pull up in our driveway. As I went to the window I saw it come to a screeching halt right at our front door and there getting off the bike was my husband. He came rushing in all excited yelling something about

"Get out here, we're going for a ride!"

Well I immediately dropped my broom (I know, say what you will) and ran to the door. Mind you I had never been on a bike before but I was game for this adventure. I was in shorts, flip-flops and a little top with lots of tiny buttons down the left side. Jumping on the back with no back rest and no helmet we took off and when I say we took off I mean it. I almost flew off the back but was able to grab his shirt and off we went at a terrible pace. I was beginning to believe he was unsteady or not used to this big, powerful engine rumbling under our, well you know.

We headed for Evergreen which is in the foothills of those grand, majestic mountains, the highway is wide and well maintained and the day was beautiful. The wind was just right running through my long hair and around my body like a soothing hand. I loved it!

Pretty soon I saw cars coming by and the occupants would wave and shout and point at our new toy with smiles on their faces and what I thought was envy. I was ecstatic, this was a perfect day. Then I noticed that several cars that had passed us were coming back down the road in the opposite direction with the same smiles the same admiration, the same envy. Then I realized that the same gentle wind that was caressing my body had also unbuttoned my blouse and it was now flapping in that same wind that had somehow become demonic. Ask me if I was wearing underwear. Just ask me! No and I had totally exposed myself to the elements and every car that drove by.

The only thing I prayed for and still do is that they never looked at my face.



Most Embarrassing Moment writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
All of us have experienced that moment when we would have dug a hole and climbed in it just to get away from the embarrassing experience. Relive and retell your moment in as many words as it takes. Help us to feel your discomfort and laugh if it was funny.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. charlene7190 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
charlene7190 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.