Horror and Thriller Flash Fiction posted September 11, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Wandering through the woods

Wilderness Way

by Ric Myworld


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.

Wandering in the heavily wooded, Wilderness Way Event, I stumbled across a rickety cabin.

I yelled through the open door, “Hello, anybody home?”  There was no answer.

Leery, I entered the cottage, finding a simmering cast-iron skillet and blood speckles on the stove.

Figuring the owners couldn’t have gone far, I dillydallied, swinging on the porch past dark.

Finally, I gave up waiting and went inside, ate the stew, and fell asleep.


The whole house shook from the slam against the door. I sprang to open it, finding severed legs, vicious growls, and red eyes glowing in the pitch black.  

 



100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story of 100 words. not including the title. Any subject accepted. Must be exactly 100 words.

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Ric Myworld All rights reserved.
Ric Myworld has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.