General Fiction posted August 23, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a contest entry

one night stand

by judester

Sheila shuffled into the kitchen and put the coffee on. She fed the dog and checked her reflection in the kettle. " Not too bad, considering the lack of sleep last night," she said to no one. She yawned, leaning against the counter, thinking about the night before.

The new club was rocking last night. Sheila and her girlfriends drank cosmos and partied all night, until she had met him on the dance floor. He was gorgeous, funny and upstairs.

She had left him in bed, tangled in her sheets and waiting for her.

Waking early, she had slipped out from under his arm as he whispered, "hurry back."

Now humming softly, she set out the cups, anticipating a relaxing morning with this great guy.

Barking from the front hallway signalled that the paper boy had tossed the newspaper onto her porch.

Coffee gently perking, she retrieved the paper and glanced at the headlines. There was a photo of her lover on the front page.

''RAPIST ESCAPES POLICE.''




Reactions writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a scene in which your main character receives surprising news.


Thanks to lannyroff for the perfect illustration. Be careful girls.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.