Biographical Non-Fiction posted March 8, 2015 Chapters:  ...26 27 -28- 29... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Just some of our regular doings.

A chapter in the book Geoffrey's Musings.

Chores For The Moores

by Sankey


Just a ramble today.
Been thinking I should write something of our everyday, or periodical duties we do either on our own or together, here at home.

Today it was time for the six-weekly task (for us anyway) of tyre inflation. A lot of folks go to the local gas or petrol station, to get car tyres pumped up. In our case, we have a wheelchair, plus the car and occasionally, our trolley's pneumatic tyres need pumping as well.

We gave up, a long time ago trying to get to the local petrol station for air pressure adjustments.

1. The young troublemakers often vandalize the air pump at the garages.
2. They sometimes don't work.
3. We have so much stuff that needs air pressure, it is a bother waiting in line to use the air pump. Alternatively, one senses the impatience of others waiting to use the air pump, as well.

So every six weeks or so, out comes our little air compressor. It is not one of those great big monster machines, used for jackhammers and the like at work sites. It is a compact little machine that runs off the 12volt power of our car.

It originally had a couple of clips to attach to the battery of the car. However, we decided it was much more convenient exchanging the clips for a cigarette lighter plug. I am guessing with the clips on the battery there would be no need to run the motor of the car during tyre inflation.

However, to keep the power up from the lighter plug, we have to have the car motor running for the charge to remain constant. Just making sure we don't have the air conditioning running while the car is stationary.

One of our, now deceased, friends thought we could pump up the tyres without running the car. As it turned out, it either took a lot longer or the fuse of the cigarette lighter would blow. Reason being; too much pressure on the car's power system, unaided by the generation from the motor running.

Next, I pump up the manual wheelchair tyres. Then, while I am pumping the car tyres, Louise gets to the screws on the brakes to tighten them up.

Louise used to manoeuver the power chair, so I could pump up its tyres with her in it. We later got the tyres changed to full rubber, so now pumping of her tyres is no longer necessary. So ends another tyre pumping session for another six weeks.



Recognized


Photo is of our little mini air compressor. Cost around $AUD 70.00.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sankey All rights reserved.
Sankey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.