Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted December 24, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Enough

Absolute Madness!

by lancellot


I awoke this morning and turned on the news.  What did I see? A mob of up to 200 brothas looting a Quickie-Mart and fighting the police in Berkeley Missouri, a town two miles from Ferguson.

Even before the talking head repeated the cause of the mini-riot, I already knew. I sat back for a minute and watched the scene of police officers armed with fire extinguishers putting out fires, while standing next to gas pumps.

Yes, people in the mob threw fireworks at the gas pumps while protesters were fighting with police next to the pumps. I cannot tell you, how shocked I was at the video of smoke rising in the air above the crowd and the gas pumps. I have seen some dumb things in my forty-one years but for crying-out-loud. So, why were some idiots trying to send themselves and everyone else straight to a fiery hell?

A white police officer shot and killed Antonio Martin, an 18 year-old gun wielding black man. One police officer was called to the gas station because of reports of shoplifting. The police officer was talking to two black men, when one of them pulled a 9mm semi-automatic and pointed it at the cop. The officer, while backpedaling and falling to the ground, pulled his gun and shot the armed man once. The second man fled on foot.

This whole incident was captured by the CCTV at the gas station. I will include a video.

I want to say a few things that our leaders, such as Attorney General Eric Holder should be on TV  saying right now.

This selective outrage and outright stupidity must stop. Can you imagine what could have happened if one of those fireworks ignited the gas? Did those who threw the expolsives know what they were doing? How could they not? Think about that.

Protesting over the death of a black criminal who points a gun at a cop, and who has previous arrests for violence and gun charges is stupid. When we defend criminals, we demean the very spirit of justice. When we lie to justify committing additional criminal acts, we show ourselves to be something less than deserving of respect, assistance or to be listened to.

To the parents of Antonio Martin, I can understand your grief, but that does not excuse the immediate lies you told at the scene, about who and what your son was. Those lies only fueled the rage of the weak minded mob, which were looking for a reason to do wrong.

In each of the multiple cases where young black males have been killed by police, however tragic, all were in the commission of a crime. Yes, even resisting arrest is a crime. Two of the men, Vonderrick Myers and Antonio Martin were armed with semi-automatic guns. The case of Tamir Rice is very sad, and I wish someone would have stopped him from having an altered BB gun (they're not toys) and pointing at people in the park. Causing fear and panic in people is not fun and not a game. It led to those people calling the police.

Absolving individuals of all personal responsibilities for their actions will not lead to fewer deaths. Adding body cameras to police officers is okay, but it will not prevent a rush to judgment, as this latest case demonstrated, and it will have no effect on offenders.

An open discussion is long overdue but it must happen between responsible adults, and it must be completely honest and candid. It cannot happen under the umbrella of political correctness and racial demagoguery.
Gun-Berkeley
 



Recognized


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqgth7wO1os

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocVGv1zLbTs




Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. lancellot All rights reserved.
lancellot has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.