General Poetry posted July 19, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a 5-7-5 interactive poem

Hide-N-Seek: Can You Find Me?

by Willowsong

Seeking camouflage
is Nature's favorite game
hidden in plain sight.





5-7-5 Poetry Contest contest entry

Recognized


Photo Taken By: Willowsong

Please do not let the phrase "seeking camouflage" trip you up. It is not the plant to which I refer to. This 5-7-5 is about the "friend" that has taken up residence among the Hydrangea, not the bright, beautiful plant itself. I apologize for any confusion and hope this helps to clarify any misgivings about the poem. Plants love the attention they receive, but not all of Mother Nature's creatures wish to be seen ;-)

Although I am not an aficionado in arachnology, upon a little research, I came across a link that may describe the little critter in this photo. If I am mistaken as to its identity, I encourage anyone familiar with the arachnid family to enlighten me. Thank you for reading and reviewing.

http://www.spiders.us/species/misumena-vatia/

I have also included a video, courtesy of YouTube.com, of a short piece played by Joshua Bell, an amazing violinist, and company that I feel truly brings the nature of this poem to life. "Vivaldi's Four Seasons, Summer, Movement III, Presto" Enjoy!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Willowsong All rights reserved.
Willowsong has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.