General Fiction posted February 24, 2014


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Final words...

The Wisdom of a Deathtime

by fairydancer

Final Words Contest Winner 











My son, harken to me. Learn from my mistakes, I beg you!

Live each day not worrying that it may be your last, but as though it is your first.

Lavish each new sunrise with the energy and enthusiasm you felt as a child on your first trip to the seaside. Yet, apply the wisdom you accumulate along the way to ensure your endeavours are more than just sand-castles where high tides may rise.

Give each task your undivided concentration and always pay attention to the details.

Learn to listen to the quiet voice of what is really being said, and ignore the theatrical performances.

Do not constantly seek the assurance of others, for that way you are bound to them, and may be abused. Likewise, neither allow yourself to be condemned by another, unless you see in them, not ONE flaw. Instead, learn to sift the negative criticism designed to shame, from the positive counsel given by those who earn your trust. But be careful, for it is far easier to see (be) the negative, than the positive.

Now, when the time comes, on each occasion you make love, exude the ardour you have as a virgin, yet generously pepper it with the zest of your experience!

Most people will tell you that time will help you to learn what true love is. I say that you will learn what it is not; but feel what it is.

And, only ever do what you feel in your heart to be right. For the only person you ever HAVE to live with, is YOU, so work with your soul and not against it; then, and only then, will your instincts see you through.

Of course, all of this will come with age, my son... but don't get old before your time, either.

...Ok, you know what, for now, forget all that shit...

Just be yourself! Make your mistakes, find your own way, and try to have some fun doing it! I love you xxx



Writing Prompt
You know you (or your character) is going to die within moments. What are your final words? Describing the circumstances of your pending death, to whom you are speaking, who you are, etc. are all optional.

Final Words
Contest Winner


337 words.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. fairydancer All rights reserved.
fairydancer has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.