Biographical Non-Fiction posted April 7, 2014 Chapters:  ...52 53 -54- 55... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Peculiar Glossary, Language & Philosophy

A chapter in the book The Little Dog That Wouldn't Let Go

Geoffossary, Geoffosophy & Geoffese

by Sankey




Background
God has graciously provided the funding for that vehicle through a dear lady we know, as long as we can get the approval for the change to the vehicle that is needed.
Chapter 18a(Word)
A sign I had pinned to my workstation, being a deaf person to a degree, anyway back then.

"STAY ON THE RIGHT,

AND BE RIGHT!

COZ GEOFF

IS DEOFF

ON THE LEOFF!"


Cerebral haemorrhoid - something that you have when something or someone really gets you mad from your head to your toes.

You can't have your 'kayak' and eat at two!
Obnoxious alteration to well-known saying. No particular new meaning.

"I pig your pardon" alteration of the usual apology remark.

When I go into the Milk Bar I always ask for a:
"Non - Smoker's and Non-Accountant's" Milkshake.

My reason for the request is, firstly I believe a smoker cannot tell if there is flavouring in a milkshake or not. Or enough to taste. Most smokers don't taste anything except perhaps their nicotine in their smokes.

Secondly, seeing accountants are tight and mean...I want the Non-accountant's Milkshake with PLENTY OF MILK IN IT!

By the way, I hate how in Victoria our Southern state you actually have to request ice cream in your milkshake as it is not standard as it is in NSW... probably have to pay extra as well 'Down South!' Sigh!

Did you hear about the lift (Elevator for Uncle Sam folks) that won a Nobel Prize? When it arrived at the particular floor and its doors opened...there was... No Bell!

Maybe you heard about Toulouse-Lautrec? - He got lost on a hike..ie Lost his track er trek, ho-hum.

Then there was the fellow named Mr. Kruikshank...he had a Hip Replacement.

Another guy, Mr. Groundwater was a bit of a bore.

Crystal Bowel - this came about from a card my wife sent to thank someone for a wedding gift we received way back when. Louise has a tendency to get her "Mords Wixed up" and can sometimes put a wrong letter in where it is not warranted. And having been a medical typist for quite a long period of her working life, that naughty letter just put itself in there.

Funny thing is these days we both suffer from Diverticulosis, so in a real sense we both have 'Crystal Bowels!" Haha! Fortunately, we both have our own "conveniences" these days hehe. There is a poem alluding to that fact in this book, too.

Something I used to tell my music students.

How do you spell "can't"...Answer - T R Y.

"Divorce be with you!"
My version of the Star Wars "farewell" - "The Force Be With You!"

Argyfying...my word for serious argument or debate.




A more recent creation in "Geoffese".- Spagarama©G.C.Moore 2015.

In Fanstory we talk about spags as in errors and so on. I came up with this
special "all-encompassing' word for when there are heaps of spags!

"Encarrotsment" Special word for encouraging more reviews of our work in Fan Story. ie More member Dollars (carrots?) offered.



Recognized


Well hear (here) we are at the end of my book. But as I said above not the end yet ho-hum. More idiosyncrasies to come I am sure. For those who still wonder...sankey and Geoffrey Moore are one and the same - me! OK!
The picture is of an Irish 'Rolling?' Pin we got from Cooma Jail in country N.S.W., Australia.
I also want to thank a dear friend for a long time - Ross, for the idea of the "Geoffossary" my special kind of "Glossary" of terms.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sankey All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Sankey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.