Biographical Non-Fiction posted January 7, 2014 Chapters:  ...21 22 -23- 24... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Could have had more fun - if I had known.

A chapter in the book Geoffrey's Musings.

Sunday School Of The Air

by Sankey


I was really looking forward to the special trip we were to make into our big city, to sing on the "Sunday School Of The Air" Programme. I got up really early that day to get ready so we would not be late getting away. There were a few of us youngsters going along with our parents. I had been a regular listener to the programme, so it was a real big honour to be asked to participate.

After about a half hour drive we arrived at the "AWA" Building. We were all waiting for the lift doors to open. Then we all boarded the lifts or as some call them, 'elevators'. We were to travel to the 8th floor.

First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, then we arrived on our floor. Everyone started to disembark...for some reason, I was right at the back. As I started towards the doors, all of a sudden, they closed in front of me! In later years as I understood how the lifts worked I would not have been phased at all, and had some great fun. But, on this occasion, I was scared to death and I cried out and really got worked up.

Finally the lift stopped on one of the floors, and someone got in and saw how upset I was. They eventually got out of me that I was to appear on the "Sunday School Of The Air" programme and managed to get me to the eighth floor safely again. I was so glad to be re-united with all the other visitors and we had a great time after that.

Some years later I got to visit the Concord Hospital, our War Veterans' establishment, which had lots of lovely lifts to play with. You guessed it! I had a great time, now I knew what sort of antics I could get up to, while the folks visited an old family friend who was a patient there.




Stuck in an elevator writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short story. The topic is: Stuck in an elevator!


This is my story of when we went into town to be guests on the Sunday School Of The Air in the AWA Building in Sydney, on Radio Station 2CH.
I was 8 years old.
Picture is an aerial view of the radio tower on top of the AWA Building. A long time ago, the tallest building in the city area.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sankey All rights reserved.
Sankey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.