General Fiction posted September 19, 2013 Chapters:  ...62 63 -64- 65... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
How long can hope carry one?

A chapter in the book Poems By AnnieDawn

Lost In A Whirlpool Of Emotion

by AnnieDawn

She sat outside in the cold morning chill sipping her coffee as the cup warmed her hands. It was amazing to see the bright, twinkling contrast of the stars on the deep, dark sky. The stars were visible even though winter snows had begun with just a few flurries this morning and as she watched the stars a few snowflakes drifted down coating her lashes.

It was still dark there in her valley. Her moist body was still cooling from dreams that allowed little sleep during the night and she shivered. There had been no conversation the night before and her lover had seemed curt and anxious to be off the phone; his voice stern and cold. She liked it when his voice had depth and authority as he instigated sexual play on the phone but now so many questions lay unanswered in her mind.

Her emotions whirled like the snowflakes tumbling in the dawning breeze. She felt like she was caught in a frozen snowdrift much like the one she could see by the rock wall. Perhaps this would become another fantasy that would not climax in joining of bodies but would be locked forever in her mind.

She would carry hope for a while and then.....well there is always some end to every story whether it reaches fulfillment in fact or remains fiction. Eventually her psyche fractured into crystals of ice and became the swirling, drifting, frozen elements....forever lost in a whirlpool of emotion.




Please be kind. My first short story.
Thank you CammyCards for the beautiful photo from FanArtReview
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. AnnieDawn All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
AnnieDawn has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.