General Poetry posted April 21, 2013 Chapters:  ...18 19 -20- 21... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Break Up Poem - Parallelogram de Crystalline

A chapter in the book Conversations in Poetry

The Weather Girl

by ~Dovey

Icy hands,
Cold feet; Old Man Winter's
Loath to lessen his chilling grasp.

Alaskan
Seeks to embrace break up,
Spring forward, a not unpleasant task.

Wistfully
Remembering Summer's
Fling, 'til colors of Fall caught my eye.

Who's to blame?
My fickle heart betrays,
Yearning for another hot July.




In Alaska, we call Spring, "Break Up", as it gets very messy when everything melts. Actually, here in Alaska, we like to joke that we have 4 seasons... June, July, August, and Winter. :) The picture is one my husband took of me with Mt. McKinley, or Denali, as it is known here, the highest peak in North America, in the background.

The title stems from the teasing of some online friends, calling me, "The Weather Girl", because it often seems to be my favorite subject of discussion.

My take on the 'feelings' prompt. I thought it would be fun to do the poem in this fashion.
Parallelogram de Crystalline


This form consists of 4 verses of 3 lines each. The syllable count for each stanza is 3, 6, 9. In this style of poem, the beauty of a lover is compared with the nature and described...
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. ~Dovey All rights reserved.
~Dovey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.