Satire Fiction posted April 17, 2013


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Journal Entry Reading, Using Cliches.

Tales From Detective Kit

by joann r romei

What eye opener today, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and to it raining cats and dogs. But that doesn't make it the end of the world. And in my line of work, no news is good news. I'd like to think of myself as the cat's meow, with 9 lives and a face only my mudder could love. Now don't get bent out of shape, I ain't no cry baby, just a first class ball buster that lives by the rules, an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. Especially when one hand washes the other.

But something fishy is going on here. I smell a rat, looking like something the cat dragged in. This ain't the blind leading the blind, but more like the early bird catches the worm. And I wasnt born yesterday. Some may interpret that saying as, finder's keeper's loser's weepers, and sorry Charlie tricks are for kids.

Here is a word to the wise, just like my Mama, who was as old as the hills, and weaker than a kitten on her death bed used to say, "m Boy, make sure you always have on clean underwear ! "




Recognized


For all you cat lovers out there. And if you can think of any sayings that fit, please let me know.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. joann r romei All rights reserved.
joann r romei has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.