Letters and Diary Poetry posted April 4, 2013 Chapters:  ...2 3 -4- 5... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Whitney with rhyme - contest entry

A chapter in the book Conversations in Poetry

On Wuthering Heights

by ~Dovey

Catherine,
Enamored by
Her Heathcliff.
True love, a myth?
Ms. Bronte,
Who inspired you?
Date with Fate's tempest'ous muse.




Write a rhyming Whitney poem. writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
The Whitney is a seven line poem with a syllable count of 3/4/3/4/3/4/7 respectively. Please read all the rules on the contest page before entering.


Emily Bronte is one of the writer's who made a huge impression on me in my teens. Wouldn't it be grand to be able to sit with her and chat about the writing process over a cup of tea? If only...

My thanks to Liilia for the artwork to embody the 'tempest'ous muse' (creative license abbreviating tempest'ous to three syllables.)

The Whitney is a seven line poem with a syllable count of 3/4/3/4/3/4/7 respectively. Please read all the rules on the contest page before entering. Rhyme scheme was writer's choice, subtle internal, and external near rhyme intentional.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. ~Dovey All rights reserved.
~Dovey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.