Letters and Diary Poetry posted February 11, 2012


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Long Lost Love

Do You Remember Asbury?

by Dklrdmcches

As I stroll along the breakers, a shadow appears,
I stop to take a look, oh Maria, how I long for you.
Tears line the corners of my blood-shot eyes, why you?
Do you remember the days spent on Asbury Beach, the fun filled mornings?

As the shadow turns and walks the other way, I follow, perhaps by habit.
My love, the love that hypnotized me with those ruby lips and those blue eyes,
How I fell head over heals the day you stopped to say hello to me on the beach.
Do you remember the days spent on Asbury Beach, the fun filled afternoons?

As the shadow leads me further from the pier, the memories swarm my mind.
The day you took my hand for the first time and led me to this very spot,
You told me that it will be our special place, just the two of us.
Do you remember the days spent on Asbury Beach, the fun filled evenings?

As the shadow begins to slow down, it dawns on me where I am,
Looking around my surroundings and the blue sky above, could it possibly be?
The very spot where we met all those years ago, you and I for all time.
Do you remember the days spent on Asbury Beach, Always, my one true love!



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Dklrdmcches All rights reserved.
Dklrdmcches has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.