Spiritual Non-Fiction posted August 6, 2011 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 9... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Short Stories and Poems by George Martinez

A chapter in the book Pappa's Memories and Ramblings

Worry and the Birds of the Air

by QC Poet



Background
Pappa's Memories and Ramblings

Short Stories and Poems by George Martinez
Chapter 8
The Birds of The Air

Matthew 6:25 & 6:26

25. Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26. Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?


Having been raised in a family of modest means with eight kids, I suppose I always worried a lot as a child about food for the family and the future. Truth is I still do, not so much about food any more but about the future for sure.

I am forth born of six boys and two girls. I have two older brothers an older sister, three younger brothers and a younger sister. Two of my brothers as well as my parents have since passed away.

I still take great solace in Matthew 6:25 and 6:26, and whenever I am out and about eating I will attempt to share my food with any birds that happen to be around as a tribute to and out of thankfulness to the Lord.

As for worrying about my health and wealth, I still do. I suppose It is an inherit instinct in man that constantly needs reminder that we do not and cannot control every aspect of our universe.
I am constantly reminded by the aches and pains of aging as well as assorted ailments I now have that we do owe and ultimately will pay a price for the abuses we inflict on our mortal shells whether through work or play.

Perhaps I took the line in this verse "Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on" a bit too literal.
I take solace in that I am forgiven through faith, and that any pain will only be that what I can stand.

We must take care of our temporary bodies while on this earth and be especially guarding of our souls, Blessings to you and yours.




I take great solace in Matthew 6:25 and 6:26

When I was young, (about 7 yrs. old) I was always asking my mom what will we be eating tomorrow for dinner.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. QC Poet All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
QC Poet has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.