Horror and Thriller Flash Fiction posted November 6, 2010 Chapters:  ...14 15 -16- 17... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Timmy and Hercules on a mission

A chapter in the book Flash Fiction

The Enemy

by Begin Again

"Boys don't hit girls."

"She hit me first."

He refused to apologize so he was sent to bed.

"Curtains in our fort?" Timmy looked at Hercules. The war-torn grizzly's plastic eyes stared back. "Girls aren't allowed."

A backpack hung on the bedpost with a clean shirt, socks, rations and his canteen. They planned their escape.

Footsteps paused at the door. He feigned sleep.

"Goodnight, Timmy. Love you." Mom continued down the hall.

He felt her invisible hug. His empty stomach growled. He remembered the mission.

"Our enemy's tricky."



The house was dark, cloaked in silence. Timmy slipped from bed with Hercules. Tiptoeing, they moved toward the end of the hall, listening. They froze.

Footsteps? On the stairs?

A silhouette approached the landing. A howl ripped through the dark. Snarling ensued, followed by heavy thumping down the stairs.

Retreat!

Wide-eyed with fright, Timmy and Hercules scrambled back into bed.


Light filled the room. Mom asked, "You okay?"

"Why? Something wrong?" His voice quivered.

"Dad stepped on the cat." The light went off. "Goodnight."

















Horror writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short flash fiction story between 100 to 200 words based on the themes specified in contest details.

Recognized


Thank you Dazzleme for the use of your photo.

Write Flash Fiction under 200....
Write a short flash fiction story based on one of the following themes. The category should be horror/thriller:

The stranger
Shadow on the landing
Sharp fangs
The cat
Horror of the unknown

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Begin Again All rights reserved.
Begin Again has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.