Children Fiction posted August 13, 2010 Chapters:  ...5 6 -7- 8... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A little boy starts first grade in public school.

A chapter in the book Viewing the World With Fresh Eyes

First Day of School

by BethShelby

Today, I had to go to school. I've been worrying about it ever since Mommy and Daddy told me I wasn't going back where I went last year. When I was in pre-school, I was in a little school where I knew everybody. They all thought I was cool too, because I was better at my Wii games than anyone, even the big kids. My sisters were at the same school, but this year, we all had to go to different public schools.

Today, I begged not to go but Daddy made me. He said I'd have fun, and he didn't believe me when I told him my stomach felt like it had big worms crawling around in it, and my throat didn't want to swallow cause there was a lump there. Daddy took me to school cause Mommy had to work. He went with me to the room and told the teacher my name. I think she might be nice. She's kind of pretty.

I don't know nobody at this school, and there are thousands of kids there, maybe even a zillion. Most of the ones in first grade like me already know the others from pre-school last year. Just me and this one other girl was new, and the teacher told the other kids they had to play with us, but they didn't play with me. They played with that girl, and she was ugly too. I felt like crying, but I tried not to because they might laugh at me.

At recess, I did see a cute girl though, I followed her around because I thought she might like to be my girlfriend. I think she smiled at me. When I told Daddy about her, he laughed, and I heard him telling Me-ma, he was going to have problems with me because I was girl crazy already. I don't know why grownups have to tell everything anybody tells them. Me-ma said I shouldn't worry because Daddy found a little girl he liked the first day he went to school too.

I can't wait to go back tomorrow because I'm going to ask that girl what her name is.



Through the eyes of a child writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short story (100-500 words). The story must include a child's perspective of an object or situation. The story may be told from the viewpoint of the child, or an adult.

Recognized


This is the way my grandson related his first day to me, plus some of the things my son told me about his first day. Grammatical errors are his way of talking, not mine. The picture is him at that aga. He is eightteen now.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. BethShelby All rights reserved.
BethShelby has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.