General Flash Fiction posted July 18, 2010 Chapters:  ...24 25 -26- 27... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
My Gain Your Loss - An Accident?

A chapter in the book Flash Fiction

Chow Time

by Begin Again




















The aroma of freshly baked cherry and apple pies filled the room. Kaitlyn was confident she'd just finished baking this year's County Fair first prize entry.

Karrie prayed her pumpkin and praline pies would wow the judges. Her pies were nestled in containers, away from prying eyes and hungry stomachs. She didn't care about winning, but she did want to beat her twin sister.

"Smells yummy." Karrie inhaled. "Just finishing?"

"Yeah. Fresh is best, right?"

"I'll help you clear a space in the car for them."

"Great." Kaitlyn swaggered outside. Karrie followed, leaving the door ajar.

The hungry canine seized his opportunity. Dinner was waiting.



Recognized


tHANK YOU KHARRISON FOR THE AWESOME PICTURE.

This is not a contest entry, but I took the prompt from suneagle and decided to try my hand at a few more.

Prompts to choose from:

animal crackers
beautiful maidens
cuddly monsters
devious motives - MY CHOICE FOR THIS SHORT STORY
empty promises
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Begin Again All rights reserved.
Begin Again has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.