General Flash Fiction posted July 18, 2010 Chapters:  ...25 26 -27- 28... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Easy words, but harder to keep

A chapter in the book Flash Fiction

A Promise From The Heart

by Begin Again









"Do you promise ..."

"I do!"

Visions of an angel filled his thoughts. The familiar face staring into his brown eyes was a pillar in his life. He couldn't imagine living without her. She'd been by his side for as long as he could remember, guiding and encouraging him.

The sunbeams filtered through the window, forming a halo around her head. He'd do anything to make her smile.

"You promise ..."

"I do! I do!"

Her arms wrapped around him, enfolding him with her love.

Swallowing hard, five-year-old Jack wailed, "I'm sorry, Mommy. I'll never tell a lie again."

She smiled. "Good little boys always keep their promises."



Micro Fiction contest entry

Recognized


Thank you MinoYasue for the lovely artwork.
Word Count- 108

Choose one only of the following prompts and write a flash fiction story of between 100 and 110 words. The story cannot be all dialogue; at least 10% narrative is required. The genre is your choice.

Prompts to choose from:

animal crackers
beautiful maidens
cuddly monsters
devious motives
empty promises

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Begin Again All rights reserved.
Begin Again has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.