Humor Flash Fiction posted March 14, 2010 Chapters:  ...36 37 -38- 39... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Humor gets us through those envious moments....

A chapter in the book Flash Fiction

A Touch of Green!

by Begin Again








Hattie loved to people watch. In forty years, she'd seen everything.

A nightly fixture at the bar, she owned the corner stool. The bartender served her favorite drink - creme de menthe and Irish whiskey.

"Are they younger or are we getting old?" she sighed.

"Old? Not a gray hair on your head," Frank grinned.

"Thanks to Clairol," she laughed.

Later, she toddled to the bathroom. Envious, she listened to the young girls' banter.

"I'm getting old."  One stared at her reflection.

"No, it's the lighting," her friend assured.

Temptation tugged at Hattie's funny bone. She whispered, "It's the drinks. I was twenty-one when I first walked through the door."




Recognized


Micro-flash fiction Word count 109

Suneagle's challenge intrigued me so after writing "Pirates and Boys", I wrote another one using creme de menthe.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Begin Again All rights reserved.
Begin Again has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.