General Non-Fiction posted January 26, 2010 Chapters: -Prologue- 1... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Stories from the heart

A chapter in the book Foxtales From The Front Porch

Foxtales

by foxtale

There was a time when a family would gather,
perhaps on the front porch, to open the old photo album
and reminisce about times past.

This collection of "Foxtales" is about sharing some
of my family stories which you might discover to be both
unique and yet similar to your own.

Family lore was once shared among those gathered on the porch,
sitting on the top step, or gently rocking in the porch swing.
That was a time of bonding and for sharing stories told from the heart;
sometimes humorous, sometimes poignant and sometimes
filled with unintended surprises!  Those were often the best!

My own family still enjoys the tale of the Drive-in Banshees.  That story begins on a hot summer night, after the daily newspaper had noted that a movie based on Edgar Allen Poe's "The Fall of the House of Usher" would be shown at the drive-in movie theater.  Dad was an ex-marine - he wouldn't be afraid- so we boys had talked him into making the drive-in trek that sweltering Saturday night.
.......Come, enjoy reading that story of the seven of us boys unaware of the fright that lay in wait!

There was also the time a very demanding High School teacher set aside his dog-eared copy of a classic novel to share a poignant story from his youth.  He told of his arrival at the prom, James Bond style, wearing a dinner jacket and driving a sports car.  The girls listened enraptured and madly in love with him, while the boys, well, we wavered between loathing and envy. 
........Come and read how he let us understand that he'd once been one of us.

Or, who could forget the Boy Scout outing where our tracking skills were pitted against a three-legged critter and a giant 'gator...
wait, how could there be a 'gator in a California river? Well...

...such are the Foxtales from the Front Porch.


(Although marked as 'complete' your comments and reviews are welcome, so read and enjoy!)


Chapter One: Two evil genius wannabees invent "The Broomstick and Rubberband Bazooka."


..




Several of these stories were originally published fnasr in The Front Porch weekly periodical.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. foxtale All rights reserved.
foxtale has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.