General Fiction posted September 22, 2009 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 9... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Washing the pain and sorrow away......

A chapter in the book Flash Fiction

Buried At Sea

by Begin Again


















The water pounded against the rocks. Carrie struggled with her thoughts as she leaned against the Porsche. Its wheels teetered dangerously near the cliff's edge.  Last night the idea suited her, but in the gray light of morning, memories of their love nagged at her bleeding heart, urging her to reconsider.

Closing her eyes, she remembered her careful planning. It was a miracle she'd kept the car a secret, a present for their twenty-fifth anniversary. She couldn't wait for his steel blue eyes to melt into puddles when he saw her gift. She'd left work early, driven home, and placed a huge bow on the car's hood before rushing inside.

She'd removed her clothing except for the lace teddy. Finding his office empty, she hurried to their bedroom, opened the door, and saw him naked with another woman. Her fun stopped.

Chunks of earth crumbled and disappeared into the foamy water. Carrie wanted everything to disappear, buried forever in the sea.


The car, golf clubs, first edition books - everything that once meant something - plummeted toward the raging water, smashing against the rocks, bursting into flames.

The sun moved from behind the clouds. Smiling, Carrie started the golf cart and drove away. It was a day for new beginnings.



200 Word Flash Fiction writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 200 - 210 words. The trick is you must use the following words: rock - steel - heart - love - buried - sea - bleed - car - miracle - fun - cart.

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Begin Again All rights reserved.
Begin Again has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.