General Fiction posted September 21, 2009 Chapters:  ...5 6 -7- 8... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Memories of solitude and sorrow.

A chapter in the book Flash Fiction

Saying Goodbye

by Begin Again









Standing on the beach, Kevin watched the clouds. During childhood, this was his sanctuary. The soothing sound of singing birds, water falling from the fountain, and the beautiful garden were treasured gifts. Nothing could breach the peace he found here.

He retraced his steps along the overgrown pathway. His last visit was thirty years ago, but the memory was fresh. The sting of his father's hand and every hateful word still burned inside his mind. He'd left without looking back.

His father had died alone, no friends, no family.

Kevin inherited the property today.

Walking from room to room, he poured the contents from the can he carried. Sadness oozed from every wall. Scars of rage marred the doors and windows. A tattered teddy bear lay lifeless on the floor.

He tossed a match inside before closing the door. Flames devoured the evil place.

Peaceful solitude reigned.



100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: family - sing - carry - sting - rage - fountain - breach - beach - stand - cloud. Words may be used in differet formats (for example: cloud, clouds or cloudy)

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Begin Again All rights reserved.
Begin Again has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.