Writing Non-Fiction posted December 31, 2008


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
What not to do when reviewing

Re-writing Other People's Work

by AlvinTEthington

It is considered highly unprofessional to re-write another person's work. A reviewer can tell an author what is wrong with a work, but it is considered megalomaniac to re-write an author's work. I have been seeing a lot of that on this site.

Not to sound egotistical, but I have been paid over $100 a line for my haiku and $100 to lecture for half an hour on forms of Japanese poetry, yet I have had three reviewers (who shall remain nameless) try to rewrite one of my posted haiku.

I find that highly offensive to my professionalism. Please don't do it again. I don't mind someone telling me what is wrong with my work or why he or she doesn't like it, but don't tell me how to write; I know how to write haiku and have the qualifications to prove it.



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. AlvinTEthington All rights reserved.
AlvinTEthington has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.