Biographical Flash Fiction posted October 26, 2024


When the brain takes a nap

Panic Takes Over

by Begin Again


 
 
 
 
 
Her body trembled as her thoughts raced through her weary head. "Why can't I remember?"

She stared at the computer, fingers poised on the keyboard.

Her lips moved as she prayed, "Dear Lord, please help me. I wrote a story, but I don't know what it was about."

She closed her eyes and tried to breathe. "How does one write a book and then not remember a single word?"

Somewhere within herself, a soothing voice spoke, "Relax. It's okay."

She felt calm once more.

The phone rang. It was her son. "Just checking on you."

She answered, "Couldn't be better."




I have been writing Spirited Justice for two months, and last night, I suddenly couldn't remember what the book was even about, though it was a sequel to the first. For fifteen minutes, I seriously freaked. And then it all came back to me. I guess my brain needed a nap.
Pays 10 points and 72 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Begin Again All rights reserved.
Begin Again has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.