Writing Poetry posted October 21, 2024 Chapters:  ...12 13 -14- 


Non-Fiction story for the Finding your Muse Club

A chapter in the book 2024 Gypsy's Prose

Mrs. Whipple

by Gypsy Blue Rose

I still remember my college teacher, Mrs. Whipple. She taught me one of my favorite subjects — Creative Writing.

Mrs. Whipple was the first person who encouraged me to write. She told me I was a good story teller with a talent to bring characters and places to life. Perhaps it was true but I had a hard time believing I was good at anything. My self-esteem was low and I was the worse critic I had.

She even asked me to join a weekly writers' group at her house. It helped me to improve my speaking and writing skills.

Mrs. Whipple never focused on my spelling and grammar errors, although she helped me with that, she focused on the things I did well.

She was one of the best instructors I ever had, and her ability to use positive reinforcement was masterful. English was my second language but under her tutelage I was as good as her American-born students. Mrs. Whipple taught me more than language skills she taught me to believe in myself.

Mrs. Whipple was one of the most influential people in my life and will never forget her.

 




Entry for the Finding Your Muse Club event. The challenge is to write about someone who was an important influence in your life.

190 words

Thank you for reading my story.

Gypsy

Club entry for the "SOMEONE WHO INSPIRED YOU" event in "FINDING YOUR MUSE".  Locate a writing club.
Pays 8 points and 32 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.