General Fiction posted September 12, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
An expert sommelier has to use all 5 senses to judge a wine.

Finest Red Bordeaux

by Terry Reilly


The sommelier was excited.
 
He was privileged to be invited to taste the first opening of the 2000 Pomerol.
 
The soft pop of the withdrawn cork was like hearing the starter's gun at an Olympic final.
 
He held the tall wide-mouthed glass lovingly in both hands.
It was like caressing a lover's warm breast.
He swirled the maroon liquid, watching entranced as viscous tears slithered down inside.
 
His flared nostrils hovered. Some tannin, enough. Tobacco and leather bouquet. Chalk soil after Spring rain.
Humus.
 
He sipped reverentially, hands shaking. Blackcurrants, plums, wet gravel, pencil lead.
 
Perfect! A triumph!
 



Sensual Prose writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
In 100 Words or less, describe something using as many of the five senses as possible.


Wine buffs call the sticky trails inside the glass after swirling *tears*.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by meg119 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Terry Reilly All rights reserved.
Terry Reilly has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.