Romance Fiction posted September 7, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Out of sight but never out of mind

Forever Wrapped In Your Love

by Begin Again


 
 
 
 
As the sun dipped below the horizon, the solitary beach with the comforting sound of waves lapping against its shore offered a gift of peaceful solitude to Carol's aching heart.
 
She struggled with her thoughts as she walked across the soft, white sand. The ocean breeze caressed her skin and reminded her of his gentle touch, stirring a whirlwind of emotions within her.
 
"Dear Father in Heaven, please forgive me." A single tear, a testament to her pain, rolled off the rim of her eye and meandered slowly down her cheek. "Today has been a struggle, and yes, I questioned why."
 
The distant cries of seagulls were the only reply.
 
"Are you listening? Do you know my sadness?" She could feel anger growing inside her chest against her beating heart. She cried, "Do you understand this pain?" A storm of emotions raged within her as she questioned her faith.
 
Her watery eyes searched the sky as she collapsed in the sand, praying for a sign, but nothing was there.
 
"I attended a wedding today and watched how love was in bloom. In the eyes of the blushing young couple and those who stood wrapped in each other's arms — their hearts all blessed by love."
 
A pitiful gasp escaped her lips. "Why did you take my love away? Am I to walk in the shadows of others, never knowing love's warmth again?"
 
She closed her eyes and let her mind drift to another moment when he stood beside her on the beach with her in his arms and promised to love her forever. What happened to forever?
 
Her voice quivered with longing as she called his name. "Michael, I need you."
 
Her eyes widened in disbelief as she saw him. He materialized before her, walking out of the gentle waves toward her. His sparkling blue eyes wrapped her with the warmth of his love. Her heart skipped a beat as she reached to touch his hand, half expecting him to disappear.
 
She closed her eyes and opened them again. Michael remained standing beside her. The heat of his breath against her skin sent chills down her spine. She leaned in, nestling her blonde hair against his bare chest and brushing her lips against his skin.
 
His familiar voice, husky and intoxicating, whispered in her ear, "Hello, my love. Has anyone told you today how gorgeous you are?"
 
Carol tipped her head up, and their eyes locked. "Only you would say that to me."
 
He gently wiped her tears away with his kisses, moving slowly across each cheek. Finally, softly, his lips fluttered like butterfly wings against her quivering lips. At that moment, they were as one.
 
The moon bathed the beach in a soft silver light as Michael took her hand, guiding her along the shoreline. Time felt suspended as footsteps appeared in the sand as if they were walking into a memory.
 
Wrapped arm in arm, they walked in silence, their bodies drinking in the moment. Finally, Michael stopped, looked deep into her wanting eyes, and spoke, his voice filled with tenderness, "I know how much you miss me, my love."
 
"The loss —" she gulped and turned her head, unable to show him her pain.
 
"You think I am gone, but I'm not. I will always be here, watching over you and protecting you. I could never leave you alone."
 
"But — I don't feel you. I can't see you. Why must you be just a memory?"
 
"Open your heart like you are right now, and you will always feel me. I live in your heart and your mind. I will never leave you."
 
"I need something —" She dropped her eyes, hiding the emotions that overwhelmed her. "I am ashamed, but I want something more."
 
Michael looked at the stars and smiled. "See those bright stars twinkling above us. Every light you see is the love of someone who loves you, watching over you. In the daytime, the sun's warmth comes from their heart and is sent directly to you. You are never alone, my love."
 
Carol leaned into him as he wrapped his arms around her, holding her close. He placed his forehead against hers as his words mingled with the salty air. "I will always be here," he whispered. "I will hold you in your dreams, just as I always have. And when you wake, know I am never far."
 
He kissed her one last time, and then his figure faded into the night.
 
Carol's eyes fluttered shut. She could hear Michael's voice saying, "I love you," and then echo as it lingered in the air.
 
When she opened them again, she was no longer on the beach but nestled in the comfort of her bed. A warmth surrounded her, unmistakable, as if Michael had followed her home and into their bed — the one they'd shared, the place their love grew and would always be.
 
She smiled through her tears, whispering his name, knowing he would always be there — in her dreams, heart, and mind. He would be there forever.
 
Before closing her eyes and drifting into his arms, she whispered, "Thank you," because God had been listening, after all.



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Begin Again All rights reserved.
Begin Again has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.