Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted September 6, 2024 Chapters:  ...88 89 -90- 91... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Gogyohka Poem Suite

A chapter in the book 2024 Japanese Poetry

The Thin Veil

by Gypsy Blue Rose

 

the thin veil between – 

day and night

moon and sun

land and sea

wrong and right

 

I know you must go

the cards never lie

but know the truth – 

if you go 

I will lose my mind

 

today you left at dawn

on the USS Alexandria

it’s out of my control

you say it must be done

you must go off to war

 

it has been a year

and today three marines 

came knocking at our door

I fell to my knees and prayed

for my husband’s soul

 

there’s a thin veil

between disrespect and honor

as we stand a few graves

from Donald Trump’s photo op

smiling with thumps up

 

 

 

 

 

 




The bottom picture shows Trump with a few Maga supporters. The photo clearly shows the tomb of Green Beret, Darin Taylor Hoover. His widow, Sgt. Nicole Gee did not give permission to have her husband's tomb included in the trump's photo op and she is furious and disgusted about it.

Donald Trump's outrageous political photo-op visit to Arlington National Cemetery on Aug. 26, 2024, is a disgrace and disrespect that has created furor among it's disrespectful to our veteran heroes of war and their families. And against . Army officials said one of their employees was abruptly pushed aside, by Trump campaign officials when she asked them to stop.  Trump's campaign photos show Trump grinning widely and giving a thumbs-up gesture while standing behind the grave of an American serviceman killed during the 2021 U.S. evacuation from Afghanistan against the widow's permission. Visible in those images, too, are the graves of two U.S. Army Green Berets.

Gogyohka is a five-line Japanese poetic form with no strict rules on syllable count but as brief as possible. You may use any theme. Lines are grammatically connected. Alliteration, personification, and metaphor are okay. It usually doesn't rhyme, but natural not forced rhymes are okay. Japanese poets have written gogyohka since the 1910s. However, they did not name the form until 1983 by poet Enta Kusakabe.
source = writers digest
source=wikipedia

Thank you for reading and reviewing my poem.

Gypsy

Pictures from my Pinterest account. I don't use a presentation template, the complete presentation and poem created by Gypsy Blue Rose COPYRIGHT@2024

USS Alexandria, (united states ship) list of usa warships


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.