Biographical Non-Fiction posted August 28, 2024 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Needing some advice.

A chapter in the book Writing Journey

Not sure what to do!

by barbara.wilkey




Background
Audrey Hepburn: 'Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!'
Again, I am not writing to brag. Many of you are better authors and I learn from you every time I read your posts. You can do this too. I do want your opinions.


Yesterday, I started to share about the Local Authors' Fair I did on August 17th, 2024, but before I finished posting it my publisher, Kevin called, wanting to share some ideas he has. That's mainly what I want to share with you, but I'll address the authors' fair first.

Not as many people attended as I had hoped, but still did okay. Two important possibilities presented themselves that I'm pleased about. First, a local book club with about fifteen members has decided to highlight one of my novels, 'Gateway to Deception', that's the one set in St. Louis and the murder. If it goes over well, they'll highlight another novel. I'm pleased with that.

The second possibility, a small bookstore in a town to my west wants me to do a book signing the end of September and will be selling my books. I'm excited about that. We're still working on the exact date. I'll share that when I find out.

Now, for the help I'm asking from you. Kevin contacted me because he's wanting me to do YouTube shorts; his marketing team would do the graphics, and I'd only do a sentence or two about each novel. Each novel would have its own YouTube short.

Kevin's next suggestion Kevin is to do podcasts about each novel. Again, he'd set everything up, and I'd only talk.

The final problem and a huge one. Kevin wants me to do local morning talk show interviews. Once again, he'd set everything up.

I have a few problems with these suggestions. First, I'm very shy. Not one on one, or in front of my former first grade students, but in front of groups. At my book signing, the visitors to my table initiate the conversation. One on one, I'm fine.

The next problem is these suggestions could, maybe, take my writing to an entirely new level. It wouldn't be a hobby anymore, or it wouldn't be for fun. It would become almost another job. I'm not sure at 70 years old, I want another job. I also have the fear, that if I can't come up with any more ideas of books. Once the pressure is on me, my muse might freeze up.

These fears might seem silly to some, but to me they're real. I told Kevin, I need time to think about it. He's supposed to email all the proposals so I can take my time reading them, make my decisions, and pray about them.

Please feel free to share your opinions with me. I truly want and need them. I value your opinions.



Recognized

#13
August
2024


I only edited this twice. My chapters are edited probably close to fifty times before I post and still make mistakes. I'm sure there are a lot of them in there.

Thank you for your support.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.