Spiritual Flash Fiction posted August 25, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Cassie Hill narrates

Meaning of Love

by Raul1


I am trying to find out what love is. For me, It's not only about romance, it's about something else. My parents brought me to church. I think that there I will find the answer. I am at church and I am doing mass.
 
The beautiful words the preacher says Jesus Christ sacrificed for us. I found love at that moment. I speak of the bible verses in a group. I think we need to care for each other and my family will love me in acceptance as a son.
 
I start to remember the Foreigner song, "I want to Know What Love Is,". In myself, it means that love conquers all. I care about my family and me. I think of that song and the church that they both care of my well being.
 
My family saw myself very happy and no longer sad. I begin to love them and the strangers around me. I decided to put myself first to start feeling well. The mass is finishing and I leave with my parents with blessings.
 
"Thank you, mom and dad for bringing me here. I needed this wake up call. Now I know what love is. It is about caring for one another. The song, 'I Want to Know What Love Is' did teach me about my well being." I say.
 
I am not the sad me anymore. I will forever be the happy me. My parents taught me a great deal about love. I believe it now.



Me, Myself and I Flash Fiction writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a first-person flash fiction story on any subject. Maximum of 250 words.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.