Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted August 21, 2024 Chapters:  ...27 28 -29- 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The reason for my writing absence.

A chapter in the book Geoff's Ramblings

My Out and About New Ramble

by Sankey




Background
This is Chapter 29 of my Rambles. You might like to go back and see what else we have talked about.
Some of you have wondered at my long-term absence from the writing stable here on FS. I did introduce you to my fabulous new camera in my last chapter.
 
Over time, I have learned so much about editing style with my photos and videos. You will notice how I have learned in these later times, to smooth out transfers from one section to another in the videos and shots.
 
Now I wish to share just one part of my videoing and photography with which I have been totally taken up, over the last couple of years, or more.
In this post I share Part 1 of the heaps of changes that have since taken place, here at St Marys.
Here is the detail for this first Youtube added in this post.
 
St Marys Changes For Metro Pt 1 Revised. We have redone this very first Part of the Changes to correct some major errors with the first edition. We commence with moving around barriers and stuff at the old Parcels office, heritage listed, so not going anywhere. You can still see the old Station Plaza Shopping Centre and the old Bus Stations. Learning a new tactic of sliding from one video to the other. I love it. I do hope you enjoy this updated version. Probably the odd repeat but all in all, pretty good. 
 
Here in my State, we have had some great changes with modes of transport. we have always had buses, trains and trams, the latter more recent after our old trams were removed nearly 60 years ago, from our city.
 
The latest new mode of transport has been our "Metro" System. It is another train system with one major difference. The Metro is DRIVERLESS!  For some time the Metro has been running between a Western suburb called "Tallawong" and up till just yesterday, 19th August 2024, Sydney time, terminating at Chatswood, a Northern suburb.
 
Commencing yesterday, after a problem delaying the new extension opening, on 4th August, the new line from Chatswood, in the North to Sydenham in the South, officially began taking paying passengers after some time of testing. I will post more on this part of the Metro Network, soon.
 
All this to tell you about another Metro System being built to provide transport from our St Marys station here in the West, to the new Airport being built South of us at Badgery's Creek. I hope to soon be able to take a bus tour of the new airport but for now, I want to share my progressive videos, covering the changes made in my local area of St Marys from just being a railway town to becoming a major corridor or junction to join up the rest of Sydney with the new "Nancy Bird Western Sydney Airport."
 
Down the road, this new Metro between the airport and St Marys will be joined up to the other Metro System at Tallawong
I hope you all enjoy my video tour of the transformation, at St Marys, in preparation for the new Metro.
 
I plan to make a new video later, once the new Metro opens, of the construction of it all from the original state of the station to the new structure. Please enjoy connecting with the summarised list of Youtubes* in the Author Notes, so far. 
                                                                                 OR!
 
I can now add Youtube Links as above, in each post. Click on it to open it. To get it up to full page Click on the box at the bottom right of the video. This is the very first from the commencement of the Changes in St Marys.  Once you open the above, click on the Youtube Icon, it opens the first video. If you rather, just copy the URL's from the list in Author notes and insert it into your browser, you will also get to read the notes which are not available in here.  All the videos are public access. Let me know what you think. Thumbs Ups and comments most welcome.



Recognized


Pictures: Top Left: Heritage listed parcels office...old Station Plaza in back.
Top right: Before commencement of demolition in Station Street.
Second Left: Old Bus Station demolished.
Second Right: Car park replaced with new temporary Bus Station.
Third Left:Demolished Station Plaza Shops from above.
Third Right: New Metro Drive
Fourth Left:Metro Tunnel
Fourth Right & Fifth Centre: Metro viaduct partway out to new airport location at Luddenham.
Now, here is a summary of some of the Youtube Links. Look at the others if interested. More coming, later. Coming back later to put these in Advanced Editor thanks to Tom. I finally found the Youtube Clickon but it is BLUE! Should be RED! Make sure you click on the Youtube video link.

Part 1 Revised (This also includes a recommended look at a link to another friend's version of the start of changes at St Marys.)



youtube.com/watch?v=OsI2du49Kzo&list=PLdjyQey7SwFmPQCntwTvHyZXJZclLhBeZ&index=8

Part 2




youtube.com/watch?v=6ZsAfPGmxuY&list=PLdjyQey7SwFmPQCntwTvHyZXJZclLhBeZ&index=16


Part 3


youtube.com/watch?v=rmPjv8ogpKY&list=PLdjyQey7SwFmPQCntwTvHyZXJZclLhBeZ&index=28

Part 7



youtube.com/watch?v=tX3a61NpUEE

Part 10



youtube.com/watch?v=J-WAWJyd0PU&list=PLdjyQey7SwFmPQCntwTvHyZXJZclLhBeZ&index=4


Part 13



youtube.com/watch?v=7w7kAHxbsjA&list=PLdjyQey7SwFmPQCntwTvHyZXJZclLhBeZ&index=12



Part 14



youtube.com/watch?v=_XHgA-uH0MA&list=PLdjyQey7SwFmPQCntwTvHyZXJZclLhBeZ&index=14



If you want to check my Youtube channel generally for trains, trams, buses, Metro and other stuff... here is the general URL..Look in the Playlists.

youtube.com/@geoffreymoore1510

If you have problems let me know.










Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sankey All rights reserved.
Sankey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.