Fantasy Fiction posted August 10, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
help arrives

God's Pod

by mermaids


Moses stands at the edge of the Red Sea. He is weary but faithful to the Lord. God has guided him to lead the Israelites out of Egypt and free from Pharoah's enslavement. Despite his rapidly beating heart, he observes the lively water in front of him. The Egyptians are not far behind. How are Moses and his people to cross the sea? His intense prayers to the Lord are answered. A female dolphin pokes her head out of the waves. She speaks in a gentle tone.

"Come in my friend. We will bring you to safety."

The eyes of Moses are wide and serious.

How will a fish guide so many to safety?!

The bottle nose dolphin laughs. Many other dolphins appear.

" Each of you will hold onto a fin and we will swim to the other side. You must trust us. The Lord
sent us to do his work."

Moses turns and observes the approaching army.

"Pharoah's army is not far off. The distance is becoming closer."

The dolphin appears to be smiling.

"Do not worry about them. Trust in your God."

Moses motions for his people to walk into the sea. Each individual had his own dolphin guide. As
individuals walk onto dry land, Pharoah's army is at the shore of the Red Sea. The Egyptians
are somewhat baffled by the mode of transport. Pharoah commands the dolphins to assist them as well. But behold! The dolphins have disappeared!

A giant sea dragon emerges breathing fire. Pharoah and his army are now embers.

Moses blinks his eyes in disbelief. The dragon disappears into the water. A wisp of smoke flows
upwards towards the sky.

Moses motions for his people to move forward. God has provided safety. A feeling of freedom
flows through the air and the Israelites rejoice in song.

Later on Mt. Sinai, God speaks to Moses. He reminds Moses that the earth belongs to God. Moses
returns to his people with eleven commandments. Moses remembers the dolphins who saved his people. He states the eleven commandments.

Thou shall have no other Gods before me.
Thou shall not make an idol to worship.
Thou shall not take the name of the Lord in vain.
Thou shall remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.
Thou shall honor your father and mother.
Thou shall not murder.
Thou shall not commit adultery.
Thou shall not steal.
Thou shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
Thou shall not covet your neighbor's wife or belongings.
Thou shall take of the earth, for the earth belongs to me. Especially the creatures of the sea, for
they too are my children.





How It Could Have Ended writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt

Change the ending of a Bible story. You could give it a Disney ending, or make things go the other way. The fate of the ancient world is up to you. Fiction, 300-1000 words. You may use any style format except for nonfiction.


The New International Bible was my reference for this story. This is quite an interesting and unique contest. Again, my imagination has run wild.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. mermaids All rights reserved.
mermaids has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.