General Non-Fiction posted August 5, 2024 Chapters:  ...21 22 -23- 24... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
oops...

A chapter in the book College Stories(Memories of Finn)Q2

It's Too Small!!!

by RainbewLatte

There’s something delightful about wearing a new piece of clothing, even if it was purchased seventeen days ago. My latest addition, a beige Tommy Hilfiger sweatshirt from T.J. Maxx, had been hanging in my closet with the tag still attached as a constant reminder of the great deal I scored on my birthday. In addition, my mom said it was just the type of thing I’d wear, and today finally felt like the day to wear it.

Time to cut the tag!

The shining sun added to the sense of occasion. Bringing the sweatshirt to my desk before whipping out a pair of golden scissors gifted to me by my mom, I prepared to remove the tag. Although it took a moment—brand-name tags are surprisingly tough—I managed to snip it off.

Thanks for the scissors, Mom!

I guess thick tags serve as a viable way to justify their usual price.

Fresh from a shower, I carefully removed the necessary sizing stickers and threw it on. However, instead of looking like the handsome individual I remembered from the T.J. Maxx mirrors on my birthday shopping spree, I found my head wouldn’t even fit through the neck hole.

Having likely been distracted by the great deal as T.J. Maxx puts a new price on things and how good it looked in the store mirrors (it looked like it fit!) I hadn’t noticed that I’d bought a size too small.

Well, maybe two.



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. RainbewLatte All rights reserved.
RainbewLatte has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.