General Non-Fiction posted August 4, 2024 Chapters:  ...18 19 -20- 21... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Library Vandalism

A chapter in the book College Stories(Memories of Finn)Q2

What is Love?

by RainbewLatte

Vandalism is often deemed detrimental, a belief ingrained in many of us. Despite an appreciation for certain art styles, such as graffiti, I’ve always held that viewpoint without much introspection. 

Is vandalism truly unnecessary? 

I was working in the library with friends one day when I noticed a vandalized wall. The wall, which I glanced at whenever I felt stuck on the mathematical equation I was working on, was covered with an array of words and phrases, mostly positive, though some were completely random.

One phrase stood out: “I am my dad.” Intrigued, I set my laptop aside and traced the words with my finger, hoping a bit of the message might rub off. 

It didn't. 

The phrase was firmly inscribed, steadfast, and immovable. As had become typical behavior, I momentarily abandoned my work to read a few more of the wall’s messages.

My eyes wandered from left to right, fluttering with fatigue (I guess the tiredness of an afternoon was hitting me), until I stumbled upon a series of questions that resonated with me given some recent occurrences that had happened in my life: “What (I think this was meant to be ‘why’) does it hurt? Why is it hard?” And the most poignant: “What is love?"



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. RainbewLatte All rights reserved.
RainbewLatte has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.