General Poetry posted August 2, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
check note section below for insight

Why ?

by tempeste

Septolet Poem Contest Winner 
 
Some
lives just
don't matter
 
Conflict, disease
and famine leave
these innocent souls
shattered
 


Writing Prompt
Write a Septolet - a seven-line poem consisting of fourteen words broken into two parts. Both parts deal with the same thought and create a picture.

Septolet Poem
Contest Winner


Leaders always have money for wars but not the poor
Why ?


Full link https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202401/1306369.shtml

..below the first paragraph


In 2023, the world was in turmoil, with the Russia-Ukraine war dragging on and the conflict in the Gaza Strip reoccurring. As the demand for weapons rose dramatically in many parts of the world, the US, known as a non-stop war machine, delivered yet another "outstanding" year-end performance review of foreign military sales: a record $238 billion.

This figure was released by the US State Department on Monday. With a 16 percent increase from 2022, the growth in US military equipment sales to foreign governments last year was primarily driven by significant deals prompted by the Russia-Ukraine war. The biggest deals were a trio of sales worth about $30 billion for attack and transport helicopters, and long-range missile launchers to Poland and Germany, according to a report from Politico.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. tempeste All rights reserved.
tempeste has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.