General Fiction posted July 30, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
How it Could Have Ended contest entry

Within The Garden

by DragonSkulls

 
 
 
 
God created the heavens and the earth. After that, He decided to make man. Adam was the first human made from the dirt God scooped up, sort of like building a sand castle but in human form. After the formation, He breathed air into it and man was born.

That's when God also decided to give His creation a mate. He told Adam to be cool and relax and take a deep breath. "Close your eyes, my child." The second he did, God, in one swift move, thrust His hand, like a knife, into Adam's torso and yanked out one of his ribs. It took months for that to heal.

Adam watched as God worked His magic. From that rib, He again, scooped up some dirt and formed around it until the female was created. "Can you make those a little bit bigger," Adam asked, "You know, before you bring her to life and all?"

Moments later, Eve took her first breath and stood. Adam was instantly in love. She was, well, slightly disappointed but what choice did she have?

God instructed them that they had every herb for healing and that the whole world was there's to explore. They could name every creature, plant and color. The world was theirs.

God only had one exception. "You're going to call this thing a tree. The stuff hanging from it, you'll call that fruit. My one rule is you can not, I repeat, NOT eat of the fruit that hangs on this tree."

Adam asked, "But..."

God cut him off. "No buts, there's no buts here. It's simple as that, don't eat the fruit...ever. Got it?"

They both just stared in wonderment.

"I said, got it?"

Eve answered, "Yes, we won't eat of the fruit."

"Adam?"

His attention had been diverted and he was admiring a massive, purple bud on a cannabis plant.
 
"Adam!"
 
"Sorry...yes, yes, no eating the fruit. Got it."

God took off to go do more God stuff and left them there to enjoy the beautiful world He provided.

A couple days later, Eve was chillin' out beneath the shade of the forbidden tree when from the branches slithered a hissing serpent. It told of reasoning why they were denied the precious fruit, why it was forbidden, of the powers they'd acquire if only they'd partake, how they'd gain such knowledge they'd also become that of gods.

"When you say your S'es it sounds like you have a lisp."

"Bitch, listen what I'm telling you."

After another in depth description is when she caught on to the severity of the words this..."I'm going to call you a snake..." was saying.

She plucked the fruit from the branch and called for Adam to join her. After hearing what she heard the snake tell her, Adam said, "Are you a lunatic? I just made that word up by the way. You want to go against what the being who "CREATED" us said? He clearly didn't give you your ten percent of brains."

She pretty well said to eat of the fruit with her or no more fig leaf bush. Adam was all in then.

She brought the apple to her lips, then bit into the forbidden fruit. Right as she handed it to Adam, from just outside the clearing, a massive Tyrannosaurus Rex came charging. In one blow it stomped on Adam, spattering his guts all over Eve, then snapped her up in its jaws, tossing her in the air and chomping her in two before devouring what was left of her.

After returning, God thought to Himself, "Well, so much for that idea," and mankind never was.



 
 
 
 



How It Could Have Ended writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt

Change the ending of a Bible story. You could give it a Disney ending, or make things go the other way. The fate of the ancient world is up to you. Fiction, 300-1000 words. You may use any style format except for nonfiction.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. DragonSkulls All rights reserved.
DragonSkulls has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.