Spiritual Fiction posted July 30, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a retelling of the Garden of Eden story

Eve Ate the Apple

by jake cosmos aller


Eve was in the Garden of Eden talking with Mr. Snake, her new best friend. She was complaining about Adam, her husband, and about the management of the Garden of Eden by Jehovah.  The snake was sympathetic encouraging her to vent her feelings about Adam whom she said was a cold heartless man, who was neglecting her needs. She said,

“Mr, Sanke, I am so lonely, and unappreciated.  What am I going to do?  Do you have any advice for me? Mr. Snake?”

“yeah, babe. I do.  You know Eve, I love you. You are my type, so sexy, so wild and exciting. It is too bad that Adam does not appreciate you as much as I do. He does not deserve you. Nor does Jehovah. Both of them are such losers and you dear are the ultimate winner. You know it. babe. I do have one suggestion. though. Can you handle it?”

“Sure, Mr. Snake lay it on me, dude.”

Mr. Snake looked at her and said in his lounge lizard voice,‘

”Sure. here it is. You need to eat the apple. the forbidden fruit. I know you have been looking at it and craving it. Go for it. Give in to your desire, your temptation. It is all good, my love.”

Eve looked at the Snake and responded,

“But I can’t eat that apple. It is forbidden. That is what the man said. He said I can eat everything except that apple”.
 

“Yeah, that is what the man said.  That is what he does not want you to experience, the fruit of the tree of life. The man and Adam are in on it together. I heard that Adam would eat the apple tonight, But you need to get there first. Do you trust me, Eve?”

“Of course, Mr. Snake”
 

“So you know what to do. You must eat the apple. Eat it now.”

Mr. Snake crawled up the apple tree and brought down a juicy green Edison Apple and gave it to her encouraging her to eat it right away.

Eve ate the apple, called Adam over, told him to eat the apple. while the Snake chanted,
 

“Eat it eat it
Eat the forbidden fruit

Eat the apple and set yourself free.”

And so Adam ate the apple and joined Eve in learning everything about the universe.  Alarm bells rang in God’s control room and he reviewed the tapes of the encounter between the Snake and Eve and regretted taking the bet with Mr. Snake.

God came down from his offices high up in heaven and entered the Garden of Eden. He called them together and banished them from the garden, telling them,

“Humans.  I gave you this beautiful paradise for you to live in.  But you had to listen to the vile words of Mr. Snake, who is the greatest liar and deceiver of all time.. Well you made the bed; you will have to sleep in it. Humans. I regret the day that I made you up.  It was a good idea at the time, but boy was I wrong. You are such a disappointment. Go now. You can never come back. Go away, you disgust me.
.…..

And Satan. You won your bet, you damn Snake. Go back to Hell”.
 

“But what about our agreement? “

Yeah, well I am rescinding it.
 

I am going to sue you.

Go ahead and make my day.  You know that I make the rules around here. there is nothing you can do but you can try. You do have a lot of lawyers down there in Hell.




How It Could Have Ended writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt

Change the ending of a Bible story. You could give it a Disney ending, or make things go the other way. The fate of the ancient world is up to you. Fiction, 300-1000 words. You may use any style format except for nonfiction.


How could it have ended contest. Re-telling the story of Garden of Eden.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jake cosmos aller All rights reserved.
jake cosmos aller has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.