General Fiction posted July 27, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Dora's mother drove her crazy, until...

Dora's Final Relief

by Monica Chaddick


Dora was trying to help her mother move. She gritted her teeth, trying not to argue with her mother. This was a major chore. Nothing she said or did was right. Even as an adult, she was always wrong. Her stress level was through the roof. Her mother wanted things done a certain way, but even when Dora followed her instructions to a tee, she wasn't happy. Finally, relief came. The stress finally became too much for her blood pressure to handle, and Dora fell to the floor dead, a major stroke blasting through her brain. Her mother just stared.




100 Word Dash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.


This is based on a situation that I am going through with my mother. It is based on the truth, and I beginning to worry that the outcome may end up being the same if we don't finish moving her soon.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Monica Chaddick All rights reserved.
Monica Chaddick has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.