Satire Fiction posted July 27, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Birds of a feather stick together.

Mini-Me is Saved

by HarryT


Senator Billy Bob Johnson, a rising star in his party, was the “mini-me” of the party leader.

His home state of Mississippi adored him for his charm and espousing of family values. His pristine image cracked when a reporter uncovered a series of financial transactions made to cover-up sexual liaisons with several women.

 Johnson vehemently denied any wrongdoing, claiming it was another B.B. Johnson that had made payments to the women. Demonstrations took place. Public trust began erode.

The party leader, accused of the same sexual misconduct, stood by him. Proving its not what you do, but who you know.  




100 Word Dash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.


Cartoon at https://www.deseret.com
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.