Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted July 25, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Children need to respect the elderly.

Show Respect

by patcelaw




 

Kids should show respect to the elderly.


 

A number of years ago while I was walking as recommended by my doctor, I was to be totally shocked by an event that took place.

Walking along one of the streets about a mile from my home, I was struck by a water balloon thrown from a passing truck. There were five teenage boys in the truck. They all thought it was so funny when they hit me with the balloon. It was anything but funny to be hit on a leg which is so sore as to cause me to have to take medication just to endure the severe pain. 

You see, I have severe pain along the entire length of the sciatic nerve in that leg. 

The impact of the water bomb almost caused me to fall. The force was such as to cause a 4-inch by 1 1/2 inch bruise and caused me a great degree of difficulty in walking the mile back to my home. 

When I was their age neither myself or my peers would have dreamed of throwing something at an older person as we had been taught to respect our elders. Are parents of today not teaching their children to respect the elderly?





I was living in Southern California in 1986 or 1987 when this occurred to me. I had written this article thinking that I would try to publish it in the local paper. I do not remember if I had it published or not. When my middle daughter came to see me a little over a month ago we found this in my papers and I thought I would share it with you.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.