General Non-Fiction posted July 21, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A true story about an incident of road rage

Road Rage

by Brenda Strauser

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

We hear about road rage and see it on television  but you never think it is going to happen to you. Two years ago, we were driving to Virginia Beach for our anniversary. The drive was so long, I couldn't wait till we arrived at our hotel. 
 
We were sitting at a red light waiting for it to turn green when I heard a loud banging noise. I look over towards the driver's side and see a big man pounding his fists on the outside of the drivers window, where my husband was sitting.
 
I will never forget his piercing stare, he was in a rage. If looks could kill we would be dead. The intensity of the banging  on the window started  to get louder. 
 
Then with his clenched jaw and his eyes dilated, he started screaming, "You cut me off, you fucking son of a bitch."
 
I froze, my hands started shaking
and I was in a state of fear. My heart was pounding and my chest started hurting. I kept thinking he was going to pull out a gun and shoot us through the window. I was in a panic and  didn't know what to do. I couldn't believe this was happening. Thank God my husband didn't say anything, he just stared at him. I had this sinking feeling he wanted my husband to roll down the window so he could assault him.
 
Just as quick as the man appeared, then he was gone. My husband saw him in the rear view mirror go back to his car. The man had been sitting right  behind us also waiting for the light to change.
 
The light turned green and the crazed man raced by us.  I tried to write down his license plate number but he drove by too fast. 
 
On our way to the hotel, I was constantly looking in the rear view mirror to see if the man was following us. 
 
The incident could have turned out much worse. I was so thankful that  God helped us through this bad situation. 
 
 



Share Your Story contest entry

Recognized


Picture from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brenda Strauser All rights reserved.
Brenda Strauser has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.