Spiritual Poetry posted July 20, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
All are welcome

The Invitation

by DeboraDyess

Surprisingly, no one came.; those he'd invited were MIA.

The master told the servants, "Go find anyone interested in being my guest!

Undesirables, undeserved, the reviled, the rejected, any kind of sinner...

Visit and invite whoever wants to join us for the party!"

Jesus's love extends to all.




ABC Poetry Contest contest entry


This poem is (very) losely based on a parable Jesus told, recorded in Luke 14. A wealthy man throws a party but his invited guests are too busy or too uninterested to come. He tells his servants to go find anyone who is interested in coming, to urge them to enter the home and feast.
The spiritual implication, of course, is that Jesus' salvation is open to all - Jews, what used to be called 'Gentiles' in the Bible (which is everyone else)... No matter who, what you've done, where you are, no matter what.
If you're interested in finding out about salvation through Christ, lots of us on the site can help you. Messag me and, if you have a question I cannot answer, I know folks who can.
Blessings and thank you for reading,
Deb
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. DeboraDyess All rights reserved.
DeboraDyess has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.