Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted July 19, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Opening a dangerous can

Careful What You Wish For

by Mike Stevens

I get your calls for wishing someone else would replace President Biden as the Democratic nominee for President, don't entirely agree, but I get it. I'll support whomever emerges as our candidate. The logical choice to run is Vice President Kamala Harris, but unless she gets a majority of votes as her party's  nominee then anyone can nominate anyone and the stage will be set for infighting and things will turn ugly. And that's the nightmare scenario that must be avoided. As Democrats  we can't  afford to tear potential nominees apart because of someone's  ambition.
 
I can see a down and dirty fight ahead, one with demoralizing effects on the Democratic Party. So , to avoid that scenario  we as Democrates have to be united and speak with one voice or else we're  opening a dangerous can that may result in the outcome we all wake up in a cold sweat at two in the morning fearing, another Trump Presidency and the end of America. 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike Stevens All rights reserved.
Mike Stevens has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.